Tuesday, May 22, 2012

34. Out in the "storm"

Day 34: Out in the "storm"

     Tonight was a great victory. Ordinarily, I would never venture out if there was even a slight risk of a thunderstorm. If there was a thunderstorm in the forecast...that meant I was staying in all day. I couldn't risk being caught out in a storm without the protection of my basement. If I was somehow caught outside during a storm...arrangements were made so that I could get home ASAP to get into the basement.

     I knew that there was thunderstorms in the forecast, but I went out anyways. In fact, I just got in. (It's after midnight.) I had a lovely night. Bought some new potty things for Adelyn, got to see my parents and Shane, and Steph and Mario. I even went to Wegman's to pick up a few things I needed. And when I parked...I saw lightning in the distance. I went in anyways.

     I am so bad-ass.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment