Friday, May 11, 2012

23. Cleaning

Day 23: Cleaning

     I know. Not something to really be thankful for...but I've been thinking about it like this: I have no idea what Matt and I did with our time before we had Adelyn. No idea. I've said this before, but it almost seems like our lives were meaningless before her. I'm not saying people without children live meaningless lives. And I know ours weren't meaningless either. I only mean to say that our lives became so much deeper and fuller that in comparison to then...now seems way more meaningful.

     I used to clean the house every week. Top to bottom. I had a routine. And I was good at it. Now, I feel very much accomplished when I put new bedsheets on our bed, and wash our duvet cover. The list of cleaning in our home is almost never ending.

     But the reason it is that way is because of Adelyn. Every single room has her fingerprint on it. (Literally.) There is not one section of our home that does not have Addy in it. Little stickers stuck everywhere. Books. Treasures. Baby dolls. Plastic stacking cups. (One of her favorite things...no idea why.) Everywhere. And I think that's why it's always kind of messy now. But it's her mess, so I don't mind it as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment