Tuesday, May 8, 2012

20. The Clingy Stage

 Day 20. The Clingy Stage

     Adelyn is going through a clingy stage. She literally wants me to, "hold you," all day. "Hold you," means: hold me. I literally cannot do anything if she is awake without her begging for me to hold her, or hearing her whine because I'm not holding her, or having her cling onto my legs while whining because I'm not holding her, etc...

     My house is pretty messy. (By my standards, anyways...) Laundry needs to get done. I have to vacuum large tumbleweeds of Roxy's black hair that is collecting in the corners of each room. The white carpet is looking slightly grayish. Bathrooms need to be cleaned. A shower would be nice. But...

     I am in love with this clingy stage. The house can wait. I can shower when she's in bed. I love that my Addy B wants me 24/7. She wants me to hold her all day...no problem. I love how she rests her head on my shoulder. I love that she plays with my hair while I hold her. I love that she wants to just sit cuddled up in my lap for long periods of time. I loved hearing her wake up from nap today asking, "Maaamaaa...where are you?" Maamaa...Maamaa...where are you?" When I went into get her, true to form, she smiled and asked me to hold her.

     There won't be many years left of this. Already, my baby is becoming more and more of a big girl. I look forward to each new stage, of course, but...this clingy stage? I'll take this for a while. And I won't complain.


No comments:

Post a Comment