Monday, May 21, 2012

33. "Love you, Mama."

Day 33: "Love you, Mama."

     Three little words that melt my heart. Being with my daughter is magical. I love watching her grow. I love the color of her hair...like butter. I love spending all my time with her. She completes me in a way that I didn't even know needed completing. I love that she talks to me all day long. She is always talking. Communicating. Discovering new words. Putting sentences together. Perhaps the greatest sentence she has ever put together is this one: "love you, Mama." She said that to me tonight. After her bath. I was drying her hair, and she looked at me. Kissed me with her pacifier still in her mouth. A "paci kiss" we call them. And then she said...out of the blue...with no prompt to do so, "love you, Mama."

     What can I say? She is the most amazing thing in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment