Thursday, September 15, 2016

fu.

September 15, 2016
Day 6

     Tonight, I'm thankful that in about 3 minutes, I'm going to go crawl into bed with my husband and my puppy. I'm thankful for funny notes left on my desk by my funny daughter. She went into my classroom to get her container of leftover pho for lunch, and I wasn't there. So she left me a note:



     It took me a minute or two to realize that this was not a note from a disgruntled student. All my students are extremely gruntled. (Oh, Michael Scott. You are the best!) 



     
     I am thankful for walks with my loves after dinner. I'm thankful for acorns and falling red leaves. I'm thankful that Higbee likes to go to the playground just as much as my kids do. I've never known a dog that just can't wait to get to the playground to go down the slide 20 times in a row. I'm thankful for BLT's for dinner. Why is bacon paired with ripe tomato on toasted bread the best thing ever? I'm thankful that tomorrow is Friday night. I'm thankful for a great day at school today. I'm thankful for opportunities for expose my 3rd graders to Pavarotti and "Rhapsody in Blue." At first they were making fun, but later in the day, Pavarotti was requested during our "before kiss and ride silent dance party." Thankful for a fine day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment