Sunday, September 11, 2016

Sunday Morning Bacon

September 11, 2016
Day 2



     This morning, I am thankful for packages of bacon that are actually named, "Sunday Morning Bacon." I am thankful that I still get to hold Tobin. He was crying this morning because his bacon and toast weren't ready fast enough. So I got to hold him and dry his tears and rock him. And while yes, bacon and toast are silly things to cry about, have you ever wanted to cry because you were just so so hungry? The answer is yes. Don't even pretend like it isn't.

     I am thankful for Higbee's eyes. They are gentle and wild at the same time. I am thankful for pictures that Adelyn makes for me. I am thankful for the way Tobin says, "Mama! You look like a princess in that dress!" He always says it at exactly the right time; when I'm feeling old and big and awkward. I am thankful for the way Matt loves me. He just never stops. No matter what. And it's an incredibly comforting feeling to know that I have someone on my side forever and ever no matter what. I am thankful for quiet nights spent in bed watching The Office. I am thankful for phone calls from friends. I am thankful for texts from friends. I am thankful for the way the wind blows the leaves in the trees. I am thankful that with each day that passes, we are that much closer to cold air coming our way. I am thankful for days to hang out in old t-shirts. I am thankful for music. I am thankful for words. I am thankful for time to sit and be thankful. Spending my time being thankful is much more productive than spending my time being fearful.

     It's a good morning. And I'm thankful that I got to enjoy it.




No comments:

Post a Comment