Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Surprise Love Notes

September 14, 2016
Day 5

     Tonight, I'm thankful for surprise love notes. Adelyn was writing at my desk this morning before school. When I went to sit down later in the day, I noticed that she had left two little sticky love notes directly in the middle of my desk.



     Those two little sticky notes made my day. I taped them to the wall by my desk so that whenever I'm feeling low, I can look over and remember that a little girl with the bluest eyes, and the prettiest butter blond hair loves me. When I think back to the day of her birth and remember in horror that she almost didn't make it, I'm reminded that things like love notes from my kids are the most important documents I will ever receive in life.

     Thankful for sticky love notes. I'm thankful for my Adelyn. For Tobin. For Casey. For Phia. For Patty. I'm thankful for dinner dates with my sister. I'm thankful that tomorrow is Thursday because that means the next day is Friday. I cannot wait to relax with all the great loves of my life this weekend.



1 comment:

  1. You're a note saver too!! I have saved some good ones from my sweet girls:)

    ReplyDelete