Thursday, October 27, 2016

A day well done.

October 27, 2016
Day 47

     I am thankful that my kids are finally well. I am so thankful that tonight they were running, jumping, playing, laughing, and not wanting to go to bed. I'm thankful that Tobin is, "training to be a ninja." I'm told that ninja training involves a lot of running, jumping, kicking, and jumping on my bed. I am so thankful for the furry creature that lives in my home and follows me around from room to room and cuddles with me at night. Sometimes it seems so peculiar that human beings would purchase animals and bring them home to live in their homes and sleep in their beds. But when you fall in love with an animal, you realize, it isn't peculiar at all. It makes one's life full and wonderful to love an animal and to be loved back by that animal. I'm thankful for my love, Matt. I'm thankful that with just one look, he knows if I need him to tell me, "everything is going to be alright." I'm thankful for books. I'm thankful for time to read books in bed under freshly washed bed sheets with two freshly bathed children cuddled next to me. I'm thankful for the smells of our home. I'm thankful for the sounds of our home. The way the freezer sounds while it makes ice. The way the dishwasher sounds as it washes our dishes. The sound of the shower running. Or water sloshing around in the tub. I'm thankful to be able to share this home with the people I love. I'm thankful for a day well done.


No comments:

Post a Comment