Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Writing the right words.

October 24, 2016
Day 45

   I've been writing and erasing and writing and erasing for about an hour now. Sometimes the right words for what you want to say are hard to find. Because the right words have escaped me tonight, I will write these right words instead:

-I'm thankful for my husband. I'm thankful for his hugs, his kisses, and his love. I'm thankful that he holds my hand, and helps me, and holds me when he sees me getting nervous and upset.

-I'm thankful for time with my children. I'm thankful for time to hold them, to read to them, to bathe them, to lay with them, and to care for them when they are sick.

-I'm thankful for Higbee. I'm thankful that I have a furry baby to love and care for. I love cuddling with a dog.

-I'm thankful that whenever Tobin talks about River, he refers to her as, Mango. It makes me smile, and it makes me wonder if he knows something about her that I don't know.

-I'm thankful for my family.

-I'm thankful for walks in the glorious fall weather.

-I'm thankful for my job and my students.

-I'm thankful for time to lay in bed, in my house. Thankful for space to call my own. Thankful for a space to call home.

-Thankful for roasted chicken and carrots with rice. A blustery fall day with a sick Tobin deserves a hearty meal.

-I'm thankful for the way the sunlight looks through the leaves.

-I'm thankful that after every long, dark night comes the glorious light of morning.









No comments:

Post a Comment