Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Ganache. Bookstore.

October 18, 2016
Day 38

     Thankful for a long hug after work from my husband. Sometimes, you just need to stand in the kitchen and hug. Thankful for organized toy bins in the basement. I love when things are neat, tidy, organized, and put away. It pleases me. Thankful for a dinner date with my sister. Thankful for notebooks full of cookie bar plans. Patty and I are making 350 cookie bars for the Fall Festival at our school this Saturday. Any type of plan that involves cookies bars, ganache, caramel, and whip cream is a good plan.

     Thankful for a trip to McKay's with Patty after our dinner/planning date. I love book stores. If you're feeling sad, go to a bookstore. If you're feeling lonely, go to a bookstore. There is no way to walk into a bookstore and feel sad or lonely when you're surrounded by the voices of so many great people who wrote down words for us to read. Also, if you're feeling happy, go to a bookstore. If it's a random Tuesday night in October, go to the bookstore. Just, go. Get yourself to a bookstore and read something you've never read before. Go places you've never gone before. Think things you never thought before. Pick up a book, sit down right there in the aisle, and read.

     Thankful for words. Thankful for bookstores. Thankful for my sister. Thankful for a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment