Tuesday, October 4, 2016

The greenest patch of grass.

October 4, 2016
Day 24

     Every morning I drive across the bridge on Old Carolina on my way to drop off Tobin and pick up Casey. And every morning, I get the pleasure of looking at the greenest patch of beautiful grass that I've ever seen. It is not often that one can really be excited or thankful or anything about grass. It's just grass, right? Except that this grass is like no other grass I have ever seen. It is so green. It glows in the sunlight it's so vibrantly green. It's the perfect length between "just right" and "too long." It waves around like sea grass when the wind blows it, and it looks lush and soft like a brand new shag carpet.

     Every morning, I look over at the greenest grass patch between Old Carolina and 66. I marvel at how something so beautiful is just sitting on the side of the road like that, and I wonder if anyone else thinks that the grass patch is something great.

    The other morning, I looked over at the grass patch as I normally do when I cross the bridge. It was a glorious morning; crisp and bright, puffy white clouds in the sky, sunlight beaming down on my favorite bit of green earth. But on this morning, the grass patch was not empty. A flock of geese was spending their morning there. They weren't eating. They weren't walking around. They were all just sitting there. Just looking around and taking in all that green goodness. And then I didn't have to wonder anymore. Someone had noticed how lovely that patch is.

     Thankful for the greenest patch of grass. Thankful for the geese who noticed it was beautiful and decided to go spend their morning there. It made me happy to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment