Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Soapstone.

October 5, 2016
Day 25

     Tonight, I am thankful for:

-the way that Tobin gets so excited about picking out which flavor of juice he wants to take to school the next day.

-a white ceramic fox that I purchased in the dollar bin at Target.

-soapstone. I feel the need to explain this: growing up, I could always find little bits of soapstone lying around the house. Soapstone works like chalk, only it is completely dustless. Welders use it for marking steel. It is so strangely pleasing and satisfying to touch and look at. I told my dad how much I loved soapstone, so one Sunday afternoon a few weeks ago, when my parents came over for dinner, he handed me a stack of brand new soapstone sticks. It's very soothing and relaxing to play with; kind of like using a stress ball or playing with silly putty.



-my husband.

-neighbors and the best neighborhood. I love where we live.

-flowers that Tobin picks for me.

-chicken and rice with roasted carrots. Carrots roasted with chicken has to be one the most amazing flavors in the world.

-homemade popsicles made out of orange juice.

-yogurt covered raisins. Tobin goes crazy over them. I got them at the store after he went to bed tonight. I'm excited for him to see them tomorrow morning. Tobin has the best excited/happy face in the world.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment