Sunday, October 9, 2016

This day was glorious.

October 9, 2016
Day 29

     I have been waiting for that day; that day when I step out of my front door and discover that it is really and truly fall. That was today. What a simply glorious day this was. It was brisk and crisp; the kind of cool air you can really take a deep breath of. The sky was a brilliant blue. There were puffy white clouds. And that wind...it was the icing on the cake. The sunlight made the grass glow green. The leaves are just starting to turn. The sunlight was warm and enjoyable and cozy.

     This was the day I've been waiting for. I am so thankful I had it to enjoy.

     I'm thankful for naps on the couch with the sunlight pouring in the window. I'm thankful for 2 hour long "walks" around the neighborhood. Although, they really don't count as walks if, for most of the time, you are just standing around visiting with friends. As the kids and Higbee like to do. I'm thankful for wine glasses filled to the brim with delightful red wine. It must be red. MUST. Thankful for books read in bed under the covers right before bed. Thankful that tomorrow is another day I get to spend at home with all my loves. Thankful for a glorious day.

No comments:

Post a Comment