Saturday, July 22, 2017

ABSB

July 22, 2017
Day 295

     Adelyn has been telling me all day every day lately that she is going to be a baker when she grows up. She told me tonight that she is going to name her bakery: ABSB. Translation: Adelyn Bailey Sanderson Bakery. There's this one episode of The Office where Michael meets his future wife Holly for the first time. He says, "Holly is sweet and simple. Like a lady baker. I would not be surprised to find out that she worked in a bakery before coming here. She has that kind of warmth." That is totally Adelyn. Definitely sweet. And definitely warm. Adelyn is as sweet as sugar. I think she would make a fine baker one day.

      We got to see Casey test for his yellow belt. We had a lovely lunch. Patty made the best mac and cheese I've ever had. The boys went to a baseball game and the girls stayed home and had a girls night. It was a good day.

     Thankful for another good day. I am loving these good and peaceful days. Thankful for the sound of rain on the windows. Thankful for the sound of thousands of frogs out on this hot summer night. Thankful for my family. Thankful for a quiet mind. Thankful for peace that passes all understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment