Monday, July 31, 2017

Bare Feet, Green Grass, Sprinkler Sprinkling.

July 31, 2017
Day 304

     This breezy summer day was spent outside; bare feet, green grass, sprinkler sprinkling. Nothing screams perfect summer day like bare feet and a sprinkler. I love when my kids get good and dirty from playing outside. I like to wash the mud off of their feet. Tobin found a cricket in the grass. All the kids collected rocks. They washed them off in the sprinkler and put them in a big pile. We watched a show about the ocean deep and ate popcorn. Patty makes the best popcorn in the world. We had burgers for dinner. Patty and I went out tonight after the kids went to bed. It was a fine Monday.

     I'm seeing sweaters and back to school items in all of the stores, and I am so excited. I adore fall. I'm also getting excited about this new school year coming up. I can't wait to set up my new classroom and get things in order.

     Thankful for many summer days left. Thankful for so many sweetly colored eyes to look at. Thankful for wet clothes from the sprinkler. Thankful for bowls of popcorn and big blankets on the couch to cuddle under while watching shows about the ocean. Thankful for laughter. Thankful for bare feet. Thankful for warm showers after the cool sprinkler. Thankful for so many things to be thankful for that I could never possibly make a complete list. Thankful for this lovely little life. Thankful for peace that passes all understanding. Thankful for a quiet mind. Thankful for quiet time with my children. Thankful for a lovely Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment