Friday, July 14, 2017

Facebook Break.

July 14, 2017
Day 287

     Today was a good day. It was relaxing and lazy and quiet and calm. We stayed inside all day. The kids made us breakfast this morning. We each had 1/4 of a banana, some crackers, a plain piece of bread, and a yogurt. They also made us cards. And they dressed up real fancy for our surprise breakfast. It was very sweet. After breakfast, Adelyn worked on math. Tobin worked on numbers and letters. We read books. We watched The Berenstain Bears while we ate lunch. When we finished lunch, we came up to my room to watch more Berenstain Bears. It was very nice to cuddle in bed with my babies during the middle of the day. We had a good dinner. Higbee got some new toys and a bone. It rained. And we all went to bed early. It was a very good day. It was ordinary. But ordinary days are the ones that matter most. Ordinary days make up the majority of our life. So if the ordinary ones are good, our lives are good.

     This will be the last post that I post on Facebook for a while. I will still be blogging daily. I just will not be posting to Facebook because I've decided to take a break from all the chaos and negativity. I just can't take it anymore. It's too much information. Every time I get on Facebook, it's information overload. I despise the person I am on Facebook. I waste time on Facebook. I get scared reading posts on Facebook. I compare myself to others on Facebook. I judge people on Facebook. I hate to say that last bit, but it's the truth. Not posting links to my blog on Facebook means that not many people will see what I write. But I've thought about it, and it doesn't matter. I write because I have to write. I don't write because an audience of people read my writing. Facebook is like smoking cigarettes. I thought for a time that I needed them to get through the day, but I don't. And I don't need Facebook.

     So, I will be here. In this space. Writing every day and being thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment