Saturday, July 15, 2017

Simple and Sweet.

July 15, 2017
Day 288

     This day was simple and sweet. We had a lazy morning. We went out for lunch. We played on a playground with an awesome tire swing. Tire swings are something you don't really see anymore on playgrounds. We went to Target with the intention of buying a birthday gift for a party Tobin is attending tomorrow. We left with 7 games for ourselves as well as a gift for Tobin's friend. Sounds like a bit much, but allow me to explain: our children have like 10 toys here at home right now. We have packed up about 80% of our belongings. We figured it would be a good way to entertain ourselves while we are in limbo with the sale of this house and the purchase of our next home. We played games for 4 hours straight. It was an awesome evening at home with our loves.

     Thankful for a simple, yet lovely and sweet day at home with my family. Thankful for Higbee. Thankful for the wind that blows the trees and the leaves. It says in Psalms 135:7, "He makes the clouds rise from the ends of the earth; he sends lightning with the rain and brings out the wind from his heavenly storehouses." I love that verse because whenever I feel the wind on my skin, I remember that I am feeling something straight from heaven. Sent by God. Thankful that today, I was able to quiet my mind with God's help. Thankful that my husband knows exactly when I need a strong hug. Thankful for laughter. Thankful for little blond babies that make me happy every day to be alive. Thankful for the memories I have of them when they were very little. Thankful for my sister who calls to say she misses me. Thankful for my parents. Thankful for books to read. Thankful for highlighters to mark the important bits. Thankful for God's peace which is so great it passes all understanding.

     Thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment