Monday, July 17, 2017

Peaceful Day.

July 17, 2017
Day 290

     Today was awesome. Fact. This day was the first really fantastic day that I've had in a long, long while. And it feels amazing. It feels exhilarating to truly live and enjoy the seconds and minutes of my day instead of wishing them away because I'd rather be anywhere besides the land of anxiety. I adore being Facebook free. I'm kicking myself for not getting rid of it a long time ago.

     I felt strong today. I had an enlightening dream last night. And I carried it with me throughout the day today. Whenever I felt like fear was creeping its way back in, I returned to the dream I had. And I felt strong and courageous because of it.

     I got an eye exam today so that I could get new glasses and contacts. Matt came with me because I am usually a mess at medical appointments. But this day was different. I didn't cry. I didn't shake. My teeth didn't chatter. I didn't ask a bunch of ridiculous questions. I got the most amazing new glasses! I love them. Matt's mom works at the place we went to, and we got an awesome family discount. It was so so good to go and get an eye exam, new glasses, and a year's supply of contacts and not pay $600 for it. Matt's mom made our day! I left my appointment happy. I love leaving happy.

     We went to Patty's house and had pops on the deck. I gave Odette her bath and got her dressed for bed. We watched Dr. Quinn. And we ate cookies that my parents brought over. It was a good evening.

     So incredibly beyond thankful for this first really successful and peaceful day. It was like a breath of fresh air on a brutally hot day. It was like a tall drink of ice cold water. Like a big bowl of ice cream. It was like the way sand feels under your feet in the cool of the evening. It was like the colors of a beautiful sunset. It was so good for my soul. I feel renewed. I'm looking forward to more wonderful days.

     Thankful for these words: there is power in the name of Jesus.
   
     Thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment