Saturday, September 9, 2017

Happy, thankful, full of joy.

September 9, 2017
Day 344

Here are the things that made me happy and thankful and full of joy today:

Green eyes and blue eyes that sparkle when the sunlight hits them.

Time spent with my mom.

Today was my parent's 39th wedding anniversary.

The brilliant blue of the sky today.

The crisp cool of the air.

Butterflies.

Wide open spaces of sky and earth.

I made a big pot of homemade chicken soup for Adelyn's lunches this week. I did it last week and she loved it. Every day she has soup, crackers, and fruit for lunch.

My dad has spent this entire day working on Matt's vehicle. And they are still working as I write this at 12:47 am.

Patty came over and we had dessert and soup and watched Outlander. 

The way Tobin and Adelyn hug me and kiss me makes me feel full and satisfied and complete. My arms would be empty and lonely without them.

I love my home and the way it smells and the way our family has grown and become what it is today between these walls. These walls are special. Sometimes the thought of leaving them makes me feel ill.

Tomorrow is Sunday. Another beautiful day to spend with all my loves.

Red leaves are starting to appear.

Thankful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment