Monday, September 11, 2017

I get this feeling...

September 11, 2017
Day 346

     Sometimes I get this sort of bubbling over feeling. I get the feeling that all that I have and love are gifts far too wonderful than I deserve. I got that feeling tonight when I read to Adelyn. I was holding her hand and I stopped reading to really look at the hand I was holding. It was perfect and beautiful and best of all, it was mine to hold and to love. I got it again when I went in to check on Tobin. He was awake. He said he was waiting for me, and he asked me to sing him a song. I sang "Silent Night" because it's his favorite lullaby. As he closed his eyes, I whispered, "Goodnight, little Fennec Fox." He replied with, "Goodnight Fennec Mama."
 
     Adelyn and Tobin are the most amazing beings. And they're mine to love and to hold. And that knowledge makes me bubble over.

     Thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment