Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Time and what matters most.

September 12, 2017
Day 347

      Sometimes I feel like I am always hurrying. Like every minute. I am always aware of deadlines, timelines, and to-do lists. It's exhausting to always be rushing. Even times when I don't have to be rushing, I do anyways. Tonight while we were having dinner, I didn't look at the clock. We just ate. We enjoyed. We laughed. And we were okay. Even though I didn't watch the time.

     Sometimes I see time as the enemy. Never stopping. Never slowing down for even a second. You can almost hear time passing. It becomes menacing when you realize that it's ticking away and once a single second has passed, it can never BE again.

     But I shouldn't think that way. We are here but just for a short time. We should make our seconds and minutes and hours matter. We should spend them doing things that make us smile. We shouldn't rush because time does that all on its own. So tonight, I am thankful for seconds and minutes and hours. Thankful for time. Thankful for my sunshiney girl and my fennec fox boy. They matter most. And because they matter most, time doesn't seem like the enemy anymore. It seems a kind friend who has lent me precious moments I really didn't deserve in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment