Tuesday, September 26, 2017

God gives good things anyways.

September 26, 2017
Day 361

     Today was good and lovely. The breeze was pleasant at recess. The leaves were falling, and the little cotton puffs were drifting through the air like snow falls. There were butterflies outside my window today. While I was watching the butterflies, a groundhog came up to my window and started nibbling on some clover. He was fat and sleek and a lovely shade of brown. He reminded me of fall. When I came home, my kids ran up to me and gave me many hugs and kisses. Higbee was happy to see me. And Matt hugged me and kissed me and told me he had missed me. Adelyn and I are reading By the Banks of Plum Creek together and after I read a chapter tonight, she begged me to read the next chapter, too. I love that my kids love to read. I love to kiss my babies goodnight. They both close their eyes and they smile a sweet, sleepy smile when I tell them how much I love them. I got the most amazing little love note from a student today. It totally made my day. I went for a walk after I put the kids to bed and it was a good walk because there were many leaves to crunch under my feet. I love the sound of crunching leaves. I am thankful that God gave me such a splendid day. I think sometimes thankfulness is the act of realizing you deserve absolutely nothing good in this life, but God gives you good things anyways.

     Thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment