Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Herbes de Provence.

September 19, 2017
Day 354

     This afternoon, I took my students out for a second recess because we had some extra time at the end of the day. This was what I saw and felt: the warmth of the sun on my back, hundreds of wildflowers growing wild all around me, trees blowing in a cool breeze, clouds floating by, yellow leaves falling, and the sound of my sweet students playing. I couldn't help but be completely overcome with gratitude.

     It is my great honor and joy to put my kids to bed every night. I love to bathe them, and dress them in comfy pajamas, and kiss them goodnight after we say prayers. I love their sweet and quiet smiles when I tell them how much I love them. Tobin still asks me to sing to him before bed. So I do. And he smiles. And my heart feels full and thankful and like it could never be sad again.

     I make a big pot of soup every Sunday so that Adelyn can have chicken noodle soup every day for lunch. This weekend, I tried putting herbes de provence in with my pot of homemade stock. She told me today that it was the most delicious soup she's ever had. Then tonight at dinner, as I handed her her dinner plate, she commented, "This looks like a lovely meal!" I love that she loves my cooking.

     Thankful. 

   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment