Saturday, June 14, 2014

I swam in the ocean today.

Project 365 * 4
Day 530

     For me, that's huge. I don't swim in the ocean. I love the ocean. Being at the beach is one of my favorite things. But I don't mess with the ocean. It's powerful and huge and there are big things swimming in it that can literally eat me. Swimming in the ocean just really isn't my cup of tea.

     But today...today was something different. I swam in the ocean. I went out pretty far actually. For me, anyways. And I did some body surfing with Matt. It was the perfect day at the beach. Literally. Perfect. Oh, and also, yesterday, I stood on the deck and watched a thunderstorm off in the distance. A couple of years ago, I would have been hiding out in a closet somewhere. Not standing on a deck, exposed, watching lightning. It was really beautiful. The way it lit up the clouds and traveled across the sky.

     Thankful for a glorious, glorious day at the beach. Thankful that I was brave enough to swim in the ocean. Because it was actually so much fun, and if I had let fear make my decisions, I would have missed out. Thankful that I was able to stand outside and watch lightning and think it was beautiful. Thankful for a magnificent last day at the beach. I will be very sad to drive away from this place tomorrow.






































No comments:

Post a Comment