Sunday, June 22, 2014

Toys. Jason. Father's Day, Part Two.

Project 365 * 4
Day 537

52 Kind Things

     I know I've written about this before, but since I really, really, really did not want to do this, I think it should count as a kind thing for this week. I watched Casey and Sophia while Patty and AJ went on a date this past week. It had been an exhausting day, and all I wanted to do was lay on the couch and watch a show. But there were toys everywhere. Patty hadn't had a chance to clean up before she left on her date. So, I cleaned it up for them. Honestly, it was one of those days where if I had to pick up one more toy, I felt as if I might jump off the deck. Screaming and ripping my hair out as I fell. Dramatic? Maybe. But when a person cleans up mess after mess and mess after mess, and then has about an hour of mess to clean up at the end of the day, it can start to get to you. It was hard to clean up for them. But, sometimes being kind is about doing things that are hard. Things that we absolutely do not want to do. When you do something kind when it's really hard to, maybe it means just a little bit more.

52 People I Love

     This week, I've been thinking about my friend, Jason. And how much I love him. He's the kind of friend that sticks around. Even when things get messy. He remains a loyal friend. He is always there to talk. Or to listen. He's a very good listener. And I'm very chatty, so we get along well. What I love the most about him is that no matter how much time passes, or how long it has been since we've talked, or hung out, I always know that he will still be my friend. He's a constant. And in a world filled with inconsistency, his friendship is a comfort to me. He's the kind of friend that feels like home. We don't have to be "on," when we visit with each other. We can sit in silence, and that is perfectly okay. I'm so thankful to count Jason as a dear, good friend.

   
     We celebrated Father's Day today since we were traveling last Sunday. It was an awesome family dinner. Filled with the loud, high pitched screams and screeches of our four children. Who may be part Pterodactyl. But besides all that, there is this: my Dad, Matt, and AJ. The three Fathers in our family. We are incredibly blessed to have them. They are the most incredible men and fathers I know. Thankful for them. Thankful for time with family. Even loud times spent with family are good times. Thankful for a new week coming up. A new week to fill with nothing but fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment