Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The three essential P's of summer.

Project 365 * 4
Day 539

     Pool. Playground. Popsicle.

     The pool water was cool at first, but it felt warmer as we swam. That's my favorite way to swim. I hate when I jump into a pool that feels like lukewarm bath water. I like to jump into the cold water because it makes me feel alive and invigorated. And it makes the warm sun on my face more tolerable.

     The playground was deserted. My kids had the whole place to themselves. It was the perfect time to go playgrounding. The sun was just starting to set. The wind was blowing. Adelyn told me, "You're the best mom for taking us here." Yep. That pretty much sums it up.

     The popsicles were homemade. Fresh strawberries, vanilla yogurt, and pineapple coconut water liquefied in the blender and then frozen. We ate them on the front porch as the sun was setting. The front porch is the best place for eating homemade popsicles. Because in order to fully enjoy them, they have to get a bit drippy. And your arms and face have to be very sticky after eating them. Only then has a homemade pop been properly enjoyed.

     Thankful for fun summer days with my babes.







No comments:

Post a Comment