Sunday, October 19, 2014

Danielle. Compliments. A glorious day.

Project 365 * 4
Day 654

52 People I Love

     My cousin sent me a sweet message the other day, and it got me thinking about her and all the fun times we shared together as kids. I think my love of karaoke comes from a night I spent with her and her family. They showed me the magic of singing karaoke. And I've never looked back. To this day, karaoke is one of my most favorite ways to spend a night out. I loved spending time with her during the summer. I would go stay at her house for a couple of days, and we would spend all day at the pool. Spending all day at the pool is basically the best way to spend any summer day. Especially as a kid. I always thought she was so cool. She had the latest music. The coolest accessories. Lots of magazines. I think Danielle is a beautiful person. Inside and out. I'm blessed and proud to call her my cousin. And I'm thankful for all the fun times I got to spend with her. I'm looking forward to the day when we can hang out again. Maybe at the pool with our kids, and then a girls night out. Karaoke, perhaps? :)

52 Kind Things

     Maybe this is silly...but when I was working at Starbucks, it always made me feel so good when someone would compliment my hair, or my jewelry. Just little compliments made my day. Probably because I was working my butt off, standing behind a counter for eight hours a day. Changing trash bags. Cleaning toilets. Doing dishes. Making about 5,000 drinks. It was fun, but it is harder work than people think. Anyways, it just was always so nice to have a customer say something nice to me.

     I only went to the store once this week, but as I was standing there while a girl was ringing me up, I recognized in her eyes, that look of, "I'm tired, how many hours do I have left on my shift, dear God...why do people come buy lettuce at 10:00 at night!?" So I made polite conversation, and I complimented her. She had really long, pretty, blond hair. So I said, "your hair is so pretty!" She smiled and said thank you. And we had a nice conversation.


     Thankful for this glorious fall day. Crisp. Cool. Breezy. Puffy white clouds. It was the very definition of glorious. My parents had to go to a funeral this afternoon, so we weren't able to have our normal family Sunday meal. So Patty and I decided to take the kids over to my parents house in the morning to play outside. It was wonderful. Thankful for this gorgeous day. Thankful for time spent with my family. Thankful for dogs. And crunchy leaves. And swing sets. And swings hung from trees. Thankful for a delicious dinner. Thankful for time spent with all my great loves.






























No comments:

Post a Comment