Sunday, October 12, 2014

Carrie. A flat bed. A very happy Sunday.

Project 365 * 4
Day 647

52 People I Love

      I have found, in these years long, long after high school, a friend in Carrie. I am so thankful for her. She started a blog when her son was born. And I loved looking through her posts and seeing all the pictures of her sweet boy. After River passed, I had no idea what to do with my thoughts, my feelings, my emotions. I had no idea what to do with myself. I would wander around the house at night. Mourning. Aching. Hurting. And one night, as my dad suggested, I decided to start writing. So I started my blog. I choose blogger because that's what Carrie used, and her blog was so wonderful. From my very first blog post, I began to heal. Later on, I added pictures and started my project 365 *2. Which was 365 days of thankfulness. And 365 pictures of my kids. Today, my blog has turned into one of the most important parts of my life. And I feel like I have Carrie to thank for it.

     The thing I love the most about Carrie is that I have felt her support and love throughout my journey. We've never done a play date. We haven't gone out for coffee. We've never done a girls night. But our friendship is important and special to me. I feel like the people who reach out to you when you're at your lowest...those are the kind of people to surround yourself with. And Carrie's love and support when I lost River, and in the years afterwards, have meant so much to me. I'm thankful for my friend.

52 Kind Things

     This week was busy, so I only had time to do kind things for my family. The biggest kind thing I did this week was I cleaned and organized Adelyn's room. Doesn't seem like much, I know. But Adelyn is a bit of a hoarder, so it took some time. The best part of my kind thing this week? Addy's bed used to be covered in at least 50 stuffed animals and babies. We organized them, and put most of them up in an animal hammock. There was so much stuff in her bed before that there was only a small space for her to lay down. When I put her to bed that first night in her freshly cleaned and organized room, I could lay in bed with her and read to her. Her comment made my day. "Mama, this is so nice. We can cuddle in my bed now because it's flat."


     Thankful for a wonderful weekend. And it's not over. I'm off tomorrow. Thankful for a very fun day at the farm with my family. Thankful for a wonderful Sunday dinner with my parents. Thankful for pumpkins, train rides, popcorn, muddy shoes and clothes, donkeys, giant slides, homemade pizza, cookies, and conversation with my favorite people.














































































































No comments:

Post a Comment