Saturday, October 18, 2014

Happy Birthday, Tobin boy!

Project 365 * 4
Day 653












































     Thankful isn't big enough of a word to say how thankful I am for my boy. My boy who taught me that hope can be one of the most powerful forces on this planet. My boy who gives the absolute best hugs of anyone I've ever known. My boy who fits so perfectly in my arms. From the first moment I held him, from the first moment I smelled him, and cuddled him, and nursed him, kissed him, from the first moment I knew of his existence, I was head over heels in love with him. And I'm falling even more in love with him every day. He makes every day beautiful. He makes every day cozy. He makes everything all better.

     Thankful for the best birthday party for him today. Thankful for homemade ice cream cake. Thankful for Buzz Lightyear. Thankful for family. Thankful for so many smiles and hugs. Thankful for the feeling of togetherness. Thankful for so many sweet presents for my boy. Thankful for the loud chaotic hours spent in our home tonight. I wouldn't trade them for quiet hours. Because the loud chaos is so much more peaceful than hours spent in solitude. Ever had one of those days when you feel like everything is absolutely perfect? No...you know everything is absolutely perfect... I had one of those days today. Everything is absolutely perfect. And beautiful. And good. And lovely.

     Just so overwhelmed with thankfulness tonight. I feel it washing over me like giant waves. I can't stop smiling. Thankful for days that make you feel like every breath of air, every leaf blowing in the wind, every hug, every smile, every kiss, every cozy moment, every bit of blue sky, every person you love and every minute you get to spend with them, is a gift from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment