Thursday, October 16, 2014

The electric light of a fall sunset.

Project 365 * 4
Day 651











Tobin pretending he's at the Little Einstein's tree. (A kid's show for those who don't know.)









Addy said to me, "this is how tall I'm going to be when I grow up."



     Thankful for the electric light, the electric glow of a fall sunset. It's the kind of light that beckons to you. It asks repeatedly for you to come out and just be in its splendor. Thankful for light like that. It's the kind of light that makes me happy to be alive. And have breath in my lungs. Thankful for two little people named Adelyn and Tobin. Thankful for their sweet faces. I could stare at them forever. Thankful that Tobin asks me about a million times a day to, "hold me, Mama." It's the only sentence he knows. And he knows it well. Thankful for hours to spend with them. Thankful that in the peace of our hill, in the electric light of a fall sunset, all is right with the world. There is nothing but goodness and all things lovely there.

No comments:

Post a Comment