Sunday, October 5, 2014

Patience. Danielle. A great weekend.

Project 365 * 4
Day 640

52 Kind Things

     I was shopping at Traders Joe's today. It was madness. I really hate doing any kind of shopping on the weekends. I miss being able to shop on Monday morning. So many people were zipping around and getting impatient with other shoppers, so I decided to take my time. And I let others go first during every shopping cart traffic jam I encountered. There were many. Also, does it count that I didn't even make a mean face at a woman who parked about 1 inch away from my car. Honestly, I don't know how she didn't hit me. But I smiled at her instead of shaking my head, or waving an angry fist in the air, or giving her the evil eye. I wanted to, but I resisted. Maybe that last bit was more of just the right thing to do instead of the kind thing to do. But sometimes being kind is about remaining calm and collected when people annoy you.

52 People I Love

     I haven't known her long, but I'm so thankful for my friend, Danielle. She is the other second grade teacher at the school I'm working at. It's actually kind of crazy how alike we are. The other day when it was raining, I wore my glasses instead of my contacts. Danielle commented on how she liked them and how they were same exact pair of glasses she had. Then she said, "well, are you really surprised?" And the answer was no. Not anymore. Because we have discovered that we are very alike.
   
     I love Danielle because she's fun and she's kind. I love our playground chats and our lunch chats. I love chatting with girlfriends. The thing I love the most about her is that it's not a competition. We are a team. It feels good to work with someone with that mindset. It makes things so much easier. And more enjoyable. I love that when she makes copies of things, she makes them for my class as well. I love that when her class has an ice cream party, she invites my class as well. I am just so thankful to have met her, I'm thankful to be able to work with her, and I'm thankful to have a new friend. Especially at work. Thankful for Danielle.



     Thankful for a wonderful day with my family. We got a lot of stuff done, but we were also lazy. It's good to have productive days. It's good to have lazy days. But it's even better when one day is both productive and lazy. Thankful for time spent with my husband and babies. Thankful for red leaves. Thankful for the cool wind. Thankful for blue sky and puffy white clouds. Thankful that my boy is feeling better. Thankful for a great weekend.






Walks on beautiful days are torturous when you wake up a 4 am. 4 am is never a good thing. It's basically the worst time in the world. 



No comments:

Post a Comment