Friday, October 3, 2014

Liquid Peace. There is good.

Project 365 * 4
Day 638

     Thankful for the smell and the sound of rain. Thankful for large glasses of wine with dinner on Friday nights. Thankful for big bathtubs that look lonely with no water in them. Going to fill it up. Going to bubble it up. Refill my glass of wine. And listen to the rain while I soak. Thankful for liquid peace. Thankful that Tobias is doing better. Thankful that my children are fast asleep. Thankful that the kitchen is clean, the toys are picked up, and I'm thankful I get to go to bed early tonight. Thankful that even though the world is crazy right now, I'm not. Thankful for peace that, literally, passes all understanding. I should be, and rightfully so, freaked out right about now. Scary stuff happening. My baby is very sick. All is not right. But I feel nothing but peace. It's amazing, and I love it. Might I suggest my method? It's very simple. # 1 Do not under any circumstances watch the news, read the news, scroll through Facebook, look at Buzzfeed. Don't even think about those scary things floating around out there. Not even for one second. # 2 Focus all your thoughts on every single good and lovely thing in your life. Some people might think that my method leaves me uniformed. News travels fast. I am never uninformed. My method only leaves me unengaged.

     The words, there is good, keep coming to me. I keep hearing them. Whenever I hear or see something scary, I keep thinking, there is good, there is good, there is good... And there is.



No comments:

Post a Comment