Sunday, October 26, 2014

Lora. Mail.

Project 365 * 4
Day 661

52 People I Love

     This week, I've been thinking about how much I love my friend, Lora. I've known her since I was in high school, and she was one of my youth group leaders. She would pick me up in her Jeep, and we would ride around listening to Tori Amos. I never knew "Cornflake Girl" could rock so hard. We lost touch for a while. I had no earthly idea where she was or what she was up to, and then she found me on Facebook. A few years later, I was so happy to learn that we had moved into the same neighborhood as her. I love Lora because she cares so much. Every couple of months or so, she gives us at least two huge bags full of clothes for Adelyn. She is always there to listen or talk. And now, she's Adelyn's teacher. I never worry about my Addy girl because I know she's safe with Lora at school. I get pictures and updates and little stories about Addy's day from her, and I love it. I'm so thankful for Lora. I'm thankful to know her. I'm thankful for her kind and generous and loving heart.

52 Kind Things

     This week, I started writing thank you notes to everyone who came to Tobin's birthday party or sent him a card or gift. I haven't finished yet, and they will be going out somewhat late. But, I think it's never too late to send a thank you. I love sending mail. It makes me happy to send it and to receive it. Kindness in the form of actual mail in the mailbox is one of my favorites.



     Thankful for a good day with my family. Thankful for tree lined roads. Thankful for mountains. Thankful for the sound of nothing else but the leaves blowing in the wind. Thankful for time spent with my husband. Thankful for a new week.



No comments:

Post a Comment