Thursday, November 17, 2016

Blueberry Poppy Seed and Patty

November 17, 2016
Day 68

     Thankful for a good day. Thankful for a day full of deep breaths. And fresh, cool air. Thankful for good food. Thankful for warm smiles from my babies and my students. And from Higbee. He smiles with his whole body when I come home. He acts like I've been gone for a month, and it is simply wonderful to be loved that way. Thankful that my husband loves me and wants to be around me every second when we're home together. Thankful that Adelyn and Tobin shout out and smile and run to us and give us the biggest hugs in the world when we get home. Thankful that tomorrow is Friday. And that next week is Thanksgiving. Thankful for treats from Trader Joe's waiting downstairs to surprise the kids with in the morning. They like to have dessert after dinner, and usually that dessert consists of a cookie. So I picked out the cookie that looked the least likely to tempt me to give them for their dessert each night. I chose a box of, "Blueberry Poppy Seed" cookies. I had to see what they tasted like; too bad they are some of the most delicious cookies I've ever tasted. Thankful for phone calls with Patty. I get to feeling selfish when other people get more time with Patty than I do. I need to talk with her. I need to laugh with her. I need to just be in the same room as her. She makes me happy. I know I've said it before, but if I could, I'd put her in my pocket and carry her around with me all day and keep her to myself.

     Thankful for a good Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment