Saturday, November 5, 2016

It was a happy anniversary!

November 5, 2016
Day 56

     Today marks eleven years of marriage to my love, and it was the loveliest day.

-I slept in.
-Matt brought me breakfast in bed.
-I did a lot of reading and relaxing today.
-Matt and I brought the kids and Higbee to my parent's house. The kids and Higbee got to play and run around in the backyard while Matt and I laid in a hammock and watched them. And I got to read some more.
-Matt and I went to dinner.
-We had a delicious dinner and even more delicious dessert.
-We drove through our old childhood neighborhood.
-We finished the night hanging out at my parent's house. Laughing, talking, sipping coffee made in a percolator.

     Thankful for Matt. Thankful that he sticks by my side no matter what. Thankful that he's happy when I come home. Thankful that he holds my hand, and hugs me, and kisses me. Thankful for the happy life that I have with him. Thankful for our cozy home, and our precious babies, and our pup, and our things, and our vehicles...basically, everything that I can attach the label, "ours," to, I am incredibly proud of and thankful for. Thankful for his friendship and his love.


No comments:

Post a Comment