Saturday, November 26, 2016

"You make my heart feel all better."

November 26, 2016
Day 77

     Thankful for a day of leftovers. I think leftovers are so much more delicious than the original meal itself. Thankful for the joy and happiness of decorating for Christmas with Adelyn and Tobin. Christmas for them is the greatest day of all. They love everything Christmas. Christmas movies, Christmas decorations, Christmas hats, Christmas cookies, Christmas clothes, Christmas candy. Today, while we were out walking Higbee, they found the scraps from a Christmas tree that someone had left out on the sidewalk, and they went crazy over them. Over scraps of a Christmas tree. That is a serious love for Christmas. Thankful for what Tobin said when he was taking his turn telling us what he was thankful for during our leftover dinner. He said, "I'm thankful for my whole family...I'm thankful for Mama...Mama, you're so beautiful that you make my heart feel all better." I wanted to cry. My children speak the kindest words. Thankful for the coziest day with all my loves. Thankful for the cold and the wind outside today. It made my home feel that much more warm and cozy.

     Thankful. Grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment