Saturday, November 19, 2016

It makes me feel warm.

November 19, 2016
Day 70

     After I got Tobin out of the bath tonight, he asked if I would sing him a song because he was sad. Adelyn and Tobin begged me to do, "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe," to see who would be getting out of the tub first. He wasn't "it." Hence, the sadness. I made up a song instead of singing the usual, "Silent Night." The words I sang were, "I love you, I love you, I love you forever." After I finished singing, Adelyn remarked, "Mama, that song...it makes me feel all warm inside." I'm so thankful that love has a certain feeling to it. And that feeling is warmth.

     Thankful for a good day with my family. Thankful for family movie and popcorn and ice cream nights. Thankful that I have one more whole day at home with my family. Thankful for a cold night and for a warm home. Thankful for the cozy, warm smell of roasted chicken. Thankful for the comforting smell of homemade stock cooking away on the stove. Thankful for days when you wake up saying, "I'm going to clean the entire house today!" but you end up doing something else that is way more important. I did that today. I relaxed. I spent time with my babes. I cooked. And those things are way more important than dusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment