Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Fifi.

November 30, 2016
Day 81

     There is a woman at the gym named, Fifi. She smiles at people when she walks past them, and she can frequently be found in the locker room talking with someone in need of help. And I'm not sure why, but there have been several occasions when I've walked into the locker room at the gym, and there is a woman crying on the bench. And each time I walked in to find a woman crying, Fifi was also there. Holding that woman's hand, handing her tissues, listening, and offering advice.

     The other day, I walked into the locker room and Fifi was there stretching. I say, "Hey, how are you?" She replies, "Very happy!" Tonight, I walked into the locker room, and Fifi was there doing her hair in front of the mirror. I say, "Hey, how are you?" She replies, "Very happy!"

     At first I thought it was just a fluke...the response of, "Very happy!" I thought maybe she had a great day or received good news. But I think it's more than that. Fifi makes a deliberate choice to be happy. Most people, myself included, respond to the question, "Hey, how are you?" with answers like "I'm good," or "I'm okay," or "Eh," or "Blah," or "Ugh." Fifi chooses to answer with, "Very happy." And it brightened my day.

     Thankful for Fifi. Thankful for her words.

No comments:

Post a Comment