Thursday, November 3, 2016

Surprise Visit.

November 3, 2016
Day 54

     Today, I am thankful for a surprise visit from my dad at school. When I was in elementary school, it was always so exciting and such a surprise when my dad would come to pick me up or visit me at school. And today, as a 34 year old, it was just as exciting and just as nice a surprise. I was proud to show my dad my classroom and introduce him to my sweet students. I am thankful for the sound of the rain while I write. I'm thankful for my brown-eyed pup sleeping on the lazy boy waiting for me to go up and cuddle with him in bed. I'm thankful that Matt is off tomorrow and can stay home with the kids. I'm thankful for A.J. who took care of Adelyn when she didn't feel well today. A.J., Casey, and Adelyn were on a field trip today when Adelyn started feeling poorly. A.J. left the field trip, brought Adelyn home, and took care of her for the rest of the day. Thankful for my friend, Lorrie, Adelyn's and Casey's teacher, who took care of Casey when A.J. had to leave with Adelyn. So thankful to work at a place where I call the people I work with friends, and where the people love and take care of each other. Thankful that the weekend is coming. Thankful that it's time for sleep now. Well...tea, then The Office, then The Long Winter, then more of The Office, and then sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment