Saturday, November 12, 2016

"I survived...the Avon Fishing Pier!"

November 12, 2016
Day 63

     What a simply wonderful day this was. Matt and I relaxed. Matt napped while I picked shells. (A proper shell picking expedition cannot end until you've found that one piece that makes the whole expedition worth it. Last year, I found a piece of blue sea glass. Today, I found a conch shell. It is a thing of beauty.) We ate good food. We picked out goodies to bring home to the kids. And then...we went to the Avon Fishing Pier. It was built in the 1960's, and the wind and waves have shifted it over the years. Walking on the pier is like walking through a fun house. It is so wavy and uneven. I was so scared because it was super windy and dark out. But I did it. And I was proud of myself. I told Matt that I needed an, "I survived the Avon Fishing Pier!" shirt.

     Thankful for a glorious day of sand, waves, sun, sunset, good food, good company, and quiet.




























No comments:

Post a Comment