Monday, November 7, 2016

Lovely lunch. Lovely day. Thankful.

November 7, 2016
Day 58

     Thankful for a quiet day at school. It always feels good to get a lot of work done. Thankful for a lovely lunch of leftover homemade beef and vegetable soup made by my dad. Food made by my parents always tastes good because it's made with love. Thankful for a lovely brisk day with wind whipping and leaves blowing about. Thankful for evenings when it gets dark early. It makes me feel cozy inside my house with all my loves. Thankful for hugs and kisses from my kids, and my husband, and my pup. It's a nice feeling that there are people in this world who want to hug me and kiss me. It's a nice feeling that there are people who are really excited to see me when I get home from work. Thankful for chamomile tea with lavender. Thankful for little helpers in the kitchen. Adelyn and Tobin helped me make homemade pizza tonight. Thankful for the way they snuck bites of cheese and pepperoni while they helped me prepare. Thankful for a very short work week. Thanksgiving is coming, and then Christmas. And it makes me very excited and thankful and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment