Tuesday, November 8, 2016

The beach is calling...

November 8, 2016
Day 59

     Thankful for impromptu picnics during lunch with my students. I love how sweet and wonderful they are. For a solid five minutes, we all just sat there, eating and admiring the gorgeous day. Thankful for wide open spaces of green grass and blue sky. Thankful for our mock election in class today. My students were so kind and gracious to one another. When two students discovered that they were for different candidates, they didn't scoff at one another. They were kind. They smiled. They were respectful. And it made me proud. They are so good at loving other people. Thankful for such wonderful kids to call mine for a whole year. Thankful for Adelyn and Tobin. Thankful for the way they smell after a bath and lotion. Thankful for time to cuddle with them. Thankful for time to read to them. Thankful that in a few days, I will be at the beach celebrating my wedding anniversary with my love. The beach is calling my name. I cannot wait to dig my feet into the sand. I cannot wait to be still and quiet and stare at the ocean.


No comments:

Post a Comment