Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Catawampus.

November 29, 2016
Day 80

     Thankful for a rainy, dreary day. Thankful for Christmas lights strung along the walls in my classroom. Thankful for notes from my students. One student gave me a note today that said this, "Mrs. Sanderson, you make my heart feel warm and welcome." Thankful for Higbee sleeping on my feet while I write this. Thankful for Matt waiting up for me while I write this. Thankful for sleeping kids. Thankful for Christmas music. Thankful for Wednesdays at school. I really look forward to them. We read all morning long. It's wonderful and relaxing and cozy. Thankful that my students use words like catawampus and hullabaloo. They especially like to say catawampus. I can't blame them. Thankful for fog. It's quite lovely. Thankful that it's almost December. I like the way my mouth feels when I say December. December is a great month because it feels airy and cold yet warm and cozy at the same time. Thankful for a good Tuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment