Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Toasted quinoa with garlic and chicken broth.

November 16, 2016
Day 67

     Thankful for toasted quinoa cooked with lots of garlic and chicken broth. I treat the quinoa the way you would treat seaseme seeds. I toast the quinoa in a bit of olive oil until it's a very dark brown. While I'm toasting, I add garlic, salt, pepper, and tumeric. Then when it's the perfect color, I add the chicken broth. I could eat the whole pan. So delicious. Thankful for black olives and tomatoes. Thankful for hot tea with honey. Thankful for my bed, my comforter, and my pillows. Thankful for a good day. Thankful for things to look forward to like the weekend, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Thankful for time to read with my kids at night. I love that they want to read longer than we are able to. It means they love books, and that makes me happy. Thankful for, "Wonderful Reading Wednesdays," at school. It's where we literally read all morning until recess. It's my favorite day of the week. Thankful for a clean kitchen, a clean floor, shoes that are neatly placed in a row by the front door, books in our library arranged in a organized and pleasing manner, and for clean bedrooms. Thankful for Higbee. I love it when I feel him cuddle up right next to me during the night. It makes me feel loved and cozy. Thankful for seeing a missed phone call from my mom. I love that my mom calls me. When she's around, I feel loved and cared for. When she's around, everything feels better. I'm so blessed to be able to call her my mom and my best friend. Thankful for hugs from Matt. Thankful that he vacuums and dries dishes. Thankful that he loves me even when it must be hard to. Thankful for my kids' toothbrushes. I don't know why, but I love them. I can't throw their old ones away. I love the way the bristles splay out from the way they brush their teeth.

     It was a good day, and for that I'm exceedingly thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment