Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Happy Birthday, Dad!

August 1, 2017
Day 305

My kids like to make breakfast for me.

We spent the day at Patty's house.

Odette was sleepy and smiley today.

The bigs (Casey and Adelyn) and the littles (Tobin and Phia) helped me clean Patty's house while Patty and AJ were out today.

There is medicine to help Tobin when he's coughing.

Higbee is exhausted from his day at Patty's house with us. He's been sleeping on the couch ever since we got home.

Today is my dad's birthday. I am forever thankful for my dad. He's my hero. He always has been, and he always will be. On a list of the best people I know, he's at the very tip top. He is literally the best at everything. He's the best cook. He's the best at baking. He never uses a recipe. If he gets a hankering for donuts, he just...makes them. And everything he makes is the best version of that thing ever. This is going to sound weird, but he even makes the best glasses of ice water. I don't know how it's possible to make a good or a bad glass of ice water. But his glasses of ice water taste the best. He's a beautiful person and he makes the world a better place. I love him.

Tomorrow, I get to go to my new classroom, and I'm very excited! I love setting up my classroom.

Looking forward to seeing family this weekend for Matt's birthday. I'm very thankful for my love. He is an amazing person and I feel blessed and honored to be his wife. I'm beyond grateful to spend my days with him.

Adelyn is such a good big sister. She told me that she had been praying for Tobin because he's been coughing. She loves him so much. And he loves her. So thankful for their wonderful relationship.

I got to see my mom tonight. She stopped by Patty's house on her way to a meeting. It's always good to see my mom. Seeing her feels like home. I love her so much.

Thankful. 




No comments:

Post a Comment