Friday, August 25, 2017

Friday Nights.

August 25, 2017
Day 329

     I am thankful for a fine day. Thankful for courage. For strength. For peace and calm in my mind today. Thankful for puffy white and pink clouds. Thankful for glorious sunsets. Thankful for rays of sunshine that shine down from clouds. Thankful for the wonderful people I work with. They are amazing, loving people, and I thank God every day that I can work in such a lovely place. Thankful for the new students I will get this year. Thankful for the end of teacher orientation week because next week, I meet my new students. Thankful for the beautiful wildflowers outside my windows at school. I have a pretty view this year. Thankful for a weekend of rest ahead of me. Thankful for blue eyes and green eyes. Thankful for my husband. He loves me so much. It's wonderful to be loved so wildly. Thankful for carrots and hummus. Thankful for Higbee sleeping in my bed. Thankful for nature shows. Thankful for my family. For my mom and dad. For my sister and brother. Sometimes I wish I could visit my childhood just for a day so I could feel how it feels to be young again and living in my parent's house with my siblings. When you're young, you can't wait to get away. When you're getting older, you long to go back to the beginning. I wish I wasn't in such a hurry to grow up when I was young. Thankful for the ability to work from home this weekend. Thankful for a clean home. Thankful for peace that passes all understanding. Thankful for Friday nights.

1 comment:

  1. I too wish we could take a day and visit the beautiful memories of our childhood. I hope in Heaven there is a reverse button on the remote in our mansion, where we can smile and laugh at the best moments lived here on earth!

    ReplyDelete