Tuesday, August 29, 2017

What if this is pretty easy?

August 29, 2017
Day 333

     This morning, I woke up for the first day of school, and it was raining. I love when it rains on the first day of school. It makes me feel cozy. I think God sent the rain for me.

     While Matt and I were doing the dishes after dinner tonight, we got to talking about the time when we were just newly married and living in Lorton in our first home together. At the time, we thought we had it rough. We were in school, and we both had poor paying jobs. We set goals to make it exactly where we are today, and we made it. But when we were thinking back on things tonight, we realized, we really didn't have it rough at all. We went to school. We went to our jobs. We paid our rent. We went to Giant every night to get food to make for dinner. And we just hung out together and played with our dog, Roxy. We realized tonight that that was actually pretty easy. Then I had a thought: what if what we think is tough now is actually pretty easy, too?

     I like the way the raindrops look while standing under a big light in a parking lot at a grocery store.

     I love the way Higbee opens up the closet door to get all of his toys out to play with at night.

     I had chicken soup for lunch today and it was lovely. Soup is my favorite.

     Matt's mom made us a delicious dinner tonight. Chicken curry, rice, biscuits, and a dessert. She is thoughtful and wonderful. She always has been.

     I had a good first day of school today. So did Adelyn, Tobin, Casey, and Sophia. It makes me happy that they were all happy today.

     Today was a good day.

     Thankful for a good Tuesday. Thankful for air in my lungs. Thankful for raindrops. Thankful for children to bathe and kiss goodnight. Thankful for a bed to share with the man who loves me. Thankful for sound walls to keep us safe. Thankful that we have all the things we need. Thankful for good food to cook for my family. Thankful for water to drink. Thankful for kisses and hugs and cuddles. Thankful for just way too many things than I deserve to be blessed with.

     Thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment