Sunday, August 20, 2017

Happy Birthday, Adelyn Bailey!

August 20, 2017
Day 324

     Today was Adelyn's 7th birthday! From the first moment I laid eyes on her, I've always thought she was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen in my whole life. It was like I never knew true beauty until I saw her for the first time. From the moment she was born, she was my lighthouse. She has always been a bright light on dark days. She is full of joy. She loves others so much. She has a tender, sweet heart. She helps worms off of sidewalks and into the grass on hot days. She loves nature. She loves a pretty sky. She loves to draw. She loves to write. She loves music. She writes letters to the tooth fairy and asks for specific items like dentist tools and cookies. She keeps her room neat and tidy. Except for her dresser drawers which are a horrible mess. She loves to cuddle, and she always wants me to hold her. She pretends to be sleeping when we get home from anywhere so that Matt or I will carry her inside. She likes to be carried.

     We had a great birthday party today! We had Duck Donuts for breakfast. We had homemade chicken soup and grilled cheese for lunch. We had shrimp and corned beef and cabbage for dinner. We had special candies and goodies and juice boxes. I made an ice cream cake for dessert. And we ate our ice cream cake with a side of ice cream. Adelyn was blessed with so many wonderful gifts from the people who love her the most.

     I am thankful for Adelyn. She is amazing, and I know God has huge plans for her. I think a person with such a dramatic entrance into the world is destined for great things. I am thankful for my family. Thankful for delicious food, for laughter, for dancing, for music, for ice cream, and for special days. Thankful for a feeling of peace today. Thankful for a happy day. Thankful that on this day seven short years ago, my life was changed forever by the sweetest girl named, Adelyn Bailey.










No comments:

Post a Comment