Thursday, July 8, 2021

I feel safe in the middle of our love.

July 8, 2021
Day 1,716

     Thankful for a rainy day at home. Thankful for time to sit on the couch and read. Thankful for time to watch a movie with my loves. Thankful for pasta for dinner with a side of bread and cheese and pesto. Thankful for Higbee even though he drove me crazy today. He kept coming up to me and panting and bringing me toys and not leaving my side for even a second. Thankful for Adelyn and Tobin. They are the little lights of my life. They make my days beautiful and long and lovely. They bring smiles and laughs and all kinds of fun. Thankful for my husband. Thankful isn't big enough a word. He has the power to calm me, to soothe me, and to remind me of my worth. On the days when I don't feel pretty or lovable or level-headed or important, he reminds me. I don't need to tell him I'm feeeling unworthy. He knows. And he knows how to bring me back around with words of love and reassurance and acceptance. I feel safe in his arms. I feel safe in the middle of our love. I feel safe to tell him my deepest thoughts and the things that make me very sad or very happy. It's an incredible thing to be loved by him. I don't deserve the gift of Matt. Our life is beautiful together because he made it so. He continues to love me day after day, year after year. It's good and it's grand and it's overwhelming. 

     Thankful this day and every day for Matt and our love. Thankful for this life that we've built together. Thankful for our beautiful children and our furry baby. Thankful for our pretty home nestled safe in the forest. Thankful for our trees and our sky and our stars. Thankful for the feeling of Matt pressing his lips against mine. Thankful for a wonderful Thursday together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment