Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Matt came home early.

June 7, 2021
Day 1,715

     Thankful for a lovely, lazy, glorious day spent at home. I stayed in my pajamas all day long. I didn't brush my hair. I watched movies, and read, and ate good food. The kids ate good food, and watched movies, and played for many, many hours. I love the days when my kids play games and with toys for hours and hours together. Matt was supposed to work 24 hours today, but he came home early to be with me. I don't know what I ever did to deserve the love of a man who would take off work to be at home with me in my pajamas and messy hair. I don't know what I did to deserve his incredible, selfless, undying love. All I can say is that God knew I needed him. Without Matt, I'm not sure where I'd be. 

     Thankful for leftover pizza and salad. Thankful for leftover cheese and pesto and bread. Thankful for leftover cake and ice cream. Thankful for Harry Potter movies. Thankful for sheets over the windows to keep the house cool. Thankful for a lazy, lazy Wednesday. Thankful that Matt came home early to hug me and hold me and love me. Thankful for my sweet, amazing children who have been playing together for hours. I love to hear them play and make believe. 

     This life is so lovely, and I am thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment